Your CRM is the lifeblood of your business.
The right CRM software will automate and keep track of your customer interactions, sales pipeline and marketing campaigns so you can focus on offering a great product or service.
There are a lot of CRM systems out there. So how do you choose the one that’s right for your business? Here are 13 must-have features to look for when selecting CRM software:
- Ease of use: The last thing you want is for your team to be frustrated with their CRM. It should be intuitive and easy to use so they actually enjoy using it (or at least don’t dread it).
- Customization: Your business is unique and your CRM should be too. Look for a CRM that can be customized to fit the specific needs of your business.
- Integration: A good CRM will play nice with the other software programs you use, like your accounting software or email marketing platform.
- scalability: As your business grows, you’ll need a CRM that can grow with you. Make sure the CRM you choose has the ability to scale so it can meet your future needs.
- automation: Automation is key to a good CRM system. It should automate repetitive tasks so your team can focus on more important things (like selling!).
- reporting and analytics: A good CRM will give you insights into your business so you can make better decisions. Look for a CRM with built-in reporting and analytics tools.
- price: Don’t break the bank on your CRM system. There are plenty of great CRMs out there that are affordable (or even free!).
- customer support: When things go wrong (and they will), you’ll want to know that there’s someone there to help you. Make sure the CRM you choose has good customer support.
- security: Keep your data safe with a CRM that has robust security features. This is especially important if you’re storing sensitive customer data in your CRM system.
- mobile-friendly: We live in a mobile world and your CRM should reflect that. Choose a CRM that’s optimized for mobile so you can access it from anywhere, at any time.
- cloud-based: A cloud-based CRM is more flexible and easier to use than an on-premise CRM system. It’s also easier to scale, so it can grow with your business.
- social media integration: If you use social media for marketing or customer service, look for a CRM that integrates with social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
- custom fields: Custom fields allow you to store any kind of data in your CRM system. This is useful if you need to track data that’s specific to your business.
When it comes to choosing a CRM, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. But if you look for a CRM with these 13 must-have features, you’ll be on the right track.
Do you have any other suggestions for must-have features in a CRM system? Let us know in the comments!