The RBI Assistant Exam is held every single year. New executives are hired by the Reserve Bank of India. It is considered a clerical job if we look closely at the job profile of an RBI Assistant employee. It’s a desirable job for youngsters all over India, especially in small cities.
PracticeMock which is India’s leading ed-tech platform for banking, insurance, and regulatory Indian exams. Read below more about the RBI Assistant Exam preparation strategy.
RBI Assistant in First Attempt Strategy
English Language Strategy
- 2-3 Reading Comprehensions a day will improve your overall English preparation
- Error detection questions are a must. You should practice 10-15 questions daily.
- Practice cloze test questions as they may come with a good weightage of marks. They can be hard to understand conceptually, but enough practice will make you comfortable.
- Other topics, including sentence arrangement, para jumbles, etc., are also important.
- Sectional mocks will play a major role in tracking the overall preparation of English section.
Quantitative Aptitude Strategy
- Divide your attempt strategy on the basis of category of questions
- Approach Quant section with the mindset of reasonable attempts
- Practice Speed Maths tricks and methods religiously
- Divide your time as per the category of questions
- Sectional mocks will play a major role in tracking the overall preparation of quant section preparation.
Tips for General Awareness Prep
- Look for a 6-month window of the mains exam dates
- PracticeMock’s Monthly and weekly GA PDFs will keep you covered.
- Look for the previous year GA Questions to examine the level of difficulty
- Choose one good book of the current year which is based on current affairs and static general knowledge.
Reasoning Ability Preparation Approach
- Start fresh with these subjects or topics. Learn from the very beginning.
- Get your concepts strong
- If you are done with your concepts and topics now, you should start taking sectional mocks to evaluate your sectional performance. You can take them bi-weekly. Try to finish the sectional test before 45 minutes as you progress.
- Don’t leave any topics of puzzle or seating arrangement. These two are going to carry the maximum marks in this section. However, this doesn’t mean you should be easy on another topic. Practice a few puzzles related questions daily to boost your confidence.
- Critical reasoning isn’t as hard as you think. All you need is proper guidance. A step-based protocol for attempting such questions.
Other General Tips
- Try to fill the gaps present in the syllabus based on your prep for recent exams
- Make PracticeMock’s Mock Test Series your priority if you are somebody who has already covered the syllabus well
- Don’t skip questions which challenge you because these are questions which eventually turn out to be as deciders on the final day.
- Don’t focus too much on one subject
Never make the mistake of sticking to one single subject. Yes, you should be putting extra effort into your weak subject but don’t neglect it altogether because you are afraid of it.
· Identify weak areas early-on
As mentioned, you need to cover all your subjects well; you should quickly identify your weak subjects or topics under various subjects. It is logically impossible to predict the number of questions of a specific topic that will make it to the exam. Give some extra time to such subjects so that you are able to attain the basic level.
Books for RBI Assistant Preparation
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Agarwal Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||A Modern Approach to Verbal and non-verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal. New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwali Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey|
|English Language||High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
|General Banking Awareness||Manorama Year BookLucent General Knowledge|
Benefits of PracticeMock’s Mock Tests
· The level of questions similar as asked in the actual exam of RBI Assistant is it best selling point.
· The mock test provider also provides us with sectional mock tests.
· You get an All-India Rank after every mock test.
· And most importantly, they provide separate mock tests for prelims and mains. Helps you in marking questions in which you have doubts.
- Helps in easy practice online from the comfort of your home at your convenient time.
Read more about the exam here – RBI Assistant Notification 2021
Find daily exam updates posted on their official Instagram as well – @practicemock