The MPPSC AE or the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission Assistant Engineering exam takes place every year to recruit assistant engineers. The exam takes place in two stages: the online test and the interviews. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. The online exam and the interviews consist of 450 and 50 marks, respectively. The online exam includes Part A consisting of several MCQs on general knowledge, and Part B consisting of questions from the candidate’s specialization.
Syllabus of the MPPSC AE Exam
Before beginning to prepare for the MPPSC Exam, candidates must know the exam syllabus well. Listed below is the syllabus of the MPPSC Exam:
PART A SYLLABUS:
- History, Culture, & Literature of MP: This topic focuses on the architecture, culture, history of the state of Madhya Pradesh. Candidates need to know the history of the state and the country elaborately, especially the dynasties from Madhya Pradesh. In addition, this topic also requires the students to be aware of the tribes, festivals, folk dances, music, and literature of MP.
- Geography of Madhya Pradesh: This topic requires the students to focus on the flora, fauna, terrains, geographical location, climate, energy and mineral sources, and irrigation systems of Madhya Pradesh.
- Policies & Economy of Madhya Pradesh: In this topic, the students must focus on the political science and systems of Madhya Pradesh. They must also study the Panchayati Raj, social systems, economic development, consensus and demography, and agricultural and the industries agro-based industries of Madhya Pradesh.
- Present Events of the World, Nation, and Madhya Pradesh: This topic deals with the current affairs of Madhya Pradesh. Contemporary events, awards won by famous personalities, welfare schemes, eminent personalities, and famous places of the state of Madhya Pradesh are the areas candidates should prepare.
- Information & Communication Technology: In this topic, students must study e-governance, e-commerce, electronics, computer technology, communication technology, the internet, and social networking websites. Students must prepare the nitty-gritty of the internet and technology.
- MPPSC AE in Civil Engineering: This topic consists of structural analysis, construction planning and management, structural design in steel, fluid mechanics, concrete design, bridge, geotechnical, water resource, environmental, and railway engineering.
- MPPSC AE in Mechanical Engineering: In this topic, students must focus on the theory of machines, engineering and fluid mechanics, production management, the science of thermodynamics, computer engineering, heat transfer, science of refrigeration, & air conditioning.
- MPPSC AE in Electrical Engineering: This topic deals with circuit theory, switchgear and protection, control system, signals and systems, analog and digital electronics, measurements and instrumentation, industrial drives and utilization, microprocessors & microcomputers, and electromechanical energy conversion.
- MPPSC AE in Power Engineering: Students studying this topic must focus on energy, economics, environmental issues, nuclear power plant, math, gas, diesel, turbine, combines cycles power plant, thermal power plants, hydropower plants, and elements of electronics and electrical engineering.
- MPPSC AE in Production Engineering: In this topic, students must study metrology, advanced manufacturing, general engineering, manufacturing process 1 and 2, operations research, quality and research, and metallurgy.
- MPPSC AE in Metallurgical Engineering: This topic focuses on physical metallurgy, engineering mathematics, mechanical metallurgy, the material structure, properties of the materials, elements of the quantum mechanics & statistical mechanics, thermodynamics, extractive and process metallurgy, and characterization techniques.
- MPPSC AE in Automobile Engineering: This topic concentrates on automotive maintenance and safety, chassis and transmission, engine testing & performance, emission of engine exhaust and control, engine lubrication and cooling, vehicle dynamics, braking, suspension, and steering.
- MPPSC AE in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering: This topic includes computer engineering, microwave engineering, network theory, analog electronic circuits, digital electronic circuits, electromagnetic theory, physical electronics, electron devices and ICS, signals and systems, control systems, and communication systems.
- MPPSC AE in Computer Engineering: Students studying this topic must research software engineering, project management, computer architecture, data structure, computer programming, computer graphics, artificial intelligence and neural networks, numerical computation, web engineering, database, & information system.
- MPPSC AE in Agricultural Engineering: Part 1 consists of drainage engineering, groundwater, wells and pumps, soil and water conservation, minor irrigation, watershed hydrology, surveying and leveling, soil and water conservation engineering. Part 2 consists of farm power and technology, farm machinery and equipment, tractors systems and control, renewable energy resources, post harvesting, and crop processing engineering.
Since the exam syllabus is vast, candidates must prepare for it intricately to crack the MPPSC cut off. They must use strategies like making notes, taking proper coaching and guidance from experienced teachers, studying and understanding the topics in detail. The students must also solve mock tests of the exam and extensively prepare for the MPPSC AE interview.
The MPPSC AE exam is particularly essential for aspirants in the engineering field. To crack the exam, candidates need proper guidance and study material. BYJU’S Exam Prep provides all the necessary materials and guidance candidates require. Begin your MPPSC AE exam preparation and access all the study materials and mock tests related to the exam now!
Stay connected with our education blog in India.